Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If a contract 1099 employee contact is altered is an advised…

Customer Question
If a contract 1099...

If a contract 1099 employee contact is altered is an advised notice request prior to act?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

A pay adjustment was made without notice. I would like to know my rights prior to speaking with HR.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Paid semi weekly for both hourly wages and contract/rent for use of vehicle. Receive both W-2 and 1099

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was there a written agreement requiring notice or prohibiting unilateral amendment?

I not believe there was ever any signed contract/
agreement.
I wish to continue through messaging for now.

Even if there is a verbal agreement, you would need to get notice of any change in compensation going forward. Otherwise, it is a breach of contract to just lower you compenstion without any notice. You compensation can not be changed retroactively.

If they did this then you should sue them for breach of contract.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer