Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I signed a contract for sales representation to certain

Customer Question
I signed a contract...

I signed a contract for sales representation to certain rental accounts three days ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

This contract was for exclusive representation with the initial period being 18 months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Information given me on a question raised yesterday was so erroneous that doubts were raised in my mind as to the justifiability of such a long initial term. I would like to renegotiate or cancel the contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been using this firm for a single large retail account for 7+ years without a contract, but wish to expand their responsibility to other accounts including WalMart. In spite of the fact that they are currently selling for a number of accounts in Walmart, the information they gave us was so disingenuous that their accountability was put in question.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. So now, are you looking to rescind and cancel the agreement? Did you perform your due diligence ahead of time and look into this? How was this information found and brought to your attention, after the fact?

Tina, Lawyer