Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a disabled person suffering from Chronic Clinical

Customer Question
Hi. I am a disabled...
Hi. I am a disabled person suffering from Chronic Clinical Depression. Recently, I started a part time position with Goodwill Industries through Vocational Rehab in the State of Kansas. Since I have started, I have been hounded and fussed at for EVERY SINGLE TASK that I attempt! The verbal humiliation has left me in much worse shape then I was before I started working! I feel worthless, as though I have nothing to offer any employer. I’m often feeling suicidal and I’m physically ill just going to work. This is a business that claims to assist disabled people and solicits funding as such. Do I have ANY recourse?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas, a Right To Work State :(
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I’m just very very depressed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
11/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry that you feel this way.

Yes, you do have recourse. You need to file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Kansas Human Rights Commission. Either one of these agencies can assist you. You do not need an Attorney to file this complaint. Both of these agencies have intake workers that can assist you with your complaint.

Please do not feel that you are alone.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law