Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Could i file a complaint against my manager for not paying…

Customer Question
Good Morning Could...

Good Morning Could i file a complaint against my manager for not paying me for 80 hours my Bi-Weekly pay because I file a complaint to her boss on her. I was only paid 66 14 hours short

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This this situation grew to this level of angry for her because I requested a promotion within the job and was quality for the position ,never given a chance to interview for the position and when I address this with her boss and he address it with her this is when my used my pay to retaliate. After she has been doing my pay for months and I have been in the same shift for over 15 years, same hour same days off never taking off are late for work

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You are always entitles to be paid for all the hours you work. Your employer can never deduct from your earned wages or "short" your paycheck as a form of punishment. You can file a wage claim with the Department of Labor to collect what you are owed if your employer refuses to make up the difference. Filing a wage claim is a form of legally protected activity, which means that your employer cannot retaliate against you for it.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer