Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Live in California highly paid in sales 90 per cent salary…

Customer Question
Live in California highly...

Live in California highly paid in sales 90 per cent salary 10 per cent commission, only one in 200 person company that works 6 days a week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Other salesman in my salary bracket work 5 days a week and people above me work 5 days a week. I have never been compensated for the extra time like PTO or extra vacation. Been going on for 20 years. Do I have a case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am close to retirement. Do I pursue this or drop it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you have any suspicion as to why you are being treated differently than the other employees? Also, are you primarily engaged in sales AWAY from your employer's place of business? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

My sales are away from 4 separate warehouses and offices I sell from. I work out of my house and drive 75000 miles per year.
no just email the answer.

My apologies for the delay but I had logged off by the time you responded. Unfortunately, it does not appear that you responded to the first of my two questions, which will likely be determinative to the answer here. Can you please let me know whether you have any suspicion as to why you are being treated differently than the other employees? For instance, your race, religion, or something along those lines?