Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm a salaried paid manager and have been working 7 days…

Customer Question
I'm a salaried paid...

I'm a salaried paid manager and have been working 7 days straight mainly from 8am til 930 pm with no time off since Oct. 07, 2017, is this legal? I'm exhausted and can barely

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time im not sure about the rest maybe at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Unfortunately, this is legal. There is no maximum legally permissible hours of work for an exempt (salaried) employee. The employer may schedule you for as many hours as is necessary.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but hope it will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.