Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I requested to take 3 sick days off from work for surgery…

Customer Question
I requested to take...

I requested to take 3 sick days off from work for surgery can my employer require me to submit the details of the surger before teh paid time is granted

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
Under NYC law your employer can require you to provide documentation from a licensed health care provider if you use more than three consecutive workdays as sick leave.However, they cannot require the documentation to specify the nature of the your illness or condition. You have a minimum of seven days after returning to work to produce documentation.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.