Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How can I make my employer of 5 months pay me every two

Customer Question
How can I make...

How can I make my employer of 5 months pay me every two weeks, as promised. I never get my check on time, usually 5-7 days after the two week pay period. She always says her booker is out of town. The same excuse every 2 weeks. How can I legally make her business pay all of its employees on time. We need our money and have worked for it.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

There is no HR and don't have money for a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this advice free?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Employment Lawyers require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much per hour?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that. An employer must pay the employee on the scheduled date or they are in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, section 16b.

A complaint can be filed here:

https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

Damages may be compensation for unpaid wages, plus as a penalty the same amount as damages.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer