Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I need guidance on an harassment and discrimination issue at

Customer Question
JA: Have you documented this...
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I need guidance on an harassment and discrimination issue at work.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Yes it has been documented with both the HR and the town attorney. At will state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The harassment cause a miscarriage.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Employment Law
11/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I am very sorry to hear this. Please let me know what questions you have
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am trying to determine the best course of action. The harassment is constant, documented and yet my employer is trying to get me to quit but isn't firing me....just belittling me in every meeting, calling me incompetent, undermining my ability to do my job, ostracizing me by excluding me from meetings in which I should be leading and harassing me to the point of having panic attacks and telling HR I haven't shown at work after I've had a very documented medical emergency that is in writing in over a dozen emails. I live in housing that is owned by my employer and I either need to sue or navigate a serious exit strategy. I have documented everything very well. I have called several lawyers but they think I need an aggressive seasoned lawyer who specializes in employment law, municipalities, personal injury (I miscarried while she was screaming at me). Re-telling this story over and over is draining. How do I find a ,lawyer that specializes in all of the above without having to tell this to another dozen lawyers?

I am very sorry to hear that. What state are you in? What is the basis for this harassment campaign?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have not been given any feedback that wold indicate the basis for this treatment. I live in Avon, Colorado.
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 25 days ago

I am so sorry to hear that. You can pursue two avenues. 1) hire an attorney who can make a demand to negotiate a severance with damages and 2) you can file a complaint with the Equal employment opportunity commission office nearest to Avon. http://www.workplacediscriminationlaw.com/eeoc-complaint-form-pdf-and-filing-tips/

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer