Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I applied for Ztrip and have the lease for the car rental…

Customer Question
ok so I applied for...
ok so I applied for Ztrip and have the lease for the car rental next to e it says in the lease on page one section f and g
lessor is insured and provides liability and property damage insurance (or equivalent indemnification) covering the taxicab ,in the limits and of the type required by public Utility Commission (PUC) of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. lessee hereby agrees to abide by the rule, regulations and policies of PUC and the lessor with respect to the operation of lessors PUC self insurance program including but not limited to, paying any assessments contributions or required reimburments.
g. it is specifically required the, any lease driver who incurs damage to taxicab in an accident determined by lessor to have been the fault of the lease driver, shall be responsible for payment of one half the cost to repair such damage of onf half the cost of the vehicle in the event that the vehicle is deemed "totaled"
when I went to the orientation today the instructor said that $10 dollars out of my pay each paycheck till damage is paid off shoud I not sign the lease or am I ok to drive said taxicab?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
if there was an accident and it was my fault It seems as if I would owe half is that true? I would be responsible for one half of the repairs on the car I was driving
if seem also because they have limited liability can I be sued for more?
11/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Thank you for signing up with our site. Yes I agree with your interpretation. However you could be responsible for personal liability damages caused to a third person such as medical bills.