Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is there a wrongful termination or discrimination case if an…

Is there a wrongful...

Is there a wrongful termination or discrimination case if an employee gets laid off after taking a 2 week medical leave for surgery for breast cancer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york state

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Employer wanted me to go on temperary disability even though I have two doctors state I can comtinue working

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Please give me a moment as I formulate a response.

Thank you

Answer: Yes, what you have described would likely be considered a discriminatory practice by your former employer. You can either file a complaint with:

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.