Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated in July 2015 as a part owner of a company.

Customer Question
I was terminated in...

I was terminated in July 2015 as a part owner of a company. I'm in a protected class (over 55). I realize the statute may have "tolled" on the protected class issue, but I have unpaid back-pay almost 2-1/2 years later. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the owner discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The primary owner used his HR guy during the termination, is that what you are asking?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will and K1-guaranteed wages

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

About $55k worth of back pay

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. What state are you located in? Based on what you are telling me you have owed back pay as well as an equity interest that they are not honoring.

I am in Florida. I have 10% equity. I’m getting k1’s for my equity, but they owe me back pay of about $55 k from dec 2014 to July 2015. Please feel free to call me at(###) ###-####

You have to accept the offer to have the phone service.