Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I signed a non-compete with a home health agency. I brought…

Customer Question
I signed a non-compete...

I signed a non-compete with a home health agency. I brought 3 client's there with me. I'm want to go somewhere else a d my clients want to go with me. Can I be sued for taking my own clients?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm not sure. I only work part-time. I only work with my 3 clients.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's all.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Can you tell me what the terms of your noncompete are? That is, does it specifically state that you can't "take" customers / clients? And what is your role? How much money does this represent to your employer that they'd be "out" if you take them with you?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Tina, Lawyer