Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

IS IT LEGAL TO HAVE A PERSON ARRESTED FOR MAGISTRATE CORT…

Customer Question
IS IT LEGAL TO...

IS IT LEGAL TO HAVE A PERSON ARRESTED FOR MAGISTRATE CORT FEES NOT PAID AND ASK FOR A $5000.00 BOND OVER CORT FEES $165.00 AND SHE CAN'T EVEN WORK.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

W VA ROANE COUNTY, WILL NOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT THE CHARGES ARE THAT HAVE BEEN BROUGHT AGAINST HER

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

SHE WAS ARRESTED IN KANAWHA COUNTY , BUT SAID IT WAS SENT TO ROANE COUNTY AND I CAN'T GET INFORMATION FROM ANYONE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I JUST NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET HER OUT OF JAIL.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes, unfortunately. If someone fails to pay part of his sentencing requirements, a warrant can issue for his or her arrest and he/she can end up in jail.

The quickest way to get her out would be to pay the bond. Otherwise, she will come before a judge and should be assigned a public defender. He can make the argument that the only reason she has not been able to pay is because she is indigent. The judge has the discretion to release her.

If you call the Roane County courthouse, a clerk there could have information on the warrant and tell you from the computer when/where she will appear.

The state also has an inmate locator. So if she's being held in a correctional facility, you can find her:

https://apps.wv.gov/ois/offendersearch/doc/

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.