Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I️ filed a formal Employee Concern with my employer. Last…

Customer Question
I️ filed a formal...

I️ filed a formal Employee Concern with my employer. Last week they completed the investigation which included interviews with others in my department. I️ was called in and thanked for bringing the matter to their attention and they had taken appropriate action to resolve the situation. They said the matter was considered closed. Today, I️ was called in by my Director and she asked me to take a day off (today) with pay. It feels like I️ am looking at retaliation for filing the concern. Please advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time at will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I️ also believe race is a factor.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

That is fine.
Please just answer my Concern. I️ will decide to move forward based on your response.

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

Thank you

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your specific question is regarding this. What's your primary concern and question here?

Retaliation and job termination.

Was the nature of the original complaint based on some sort of discrimination based on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, etc.? Or was it based on something else?

Inappropriate office behavior by my direct manager and it was confirmed by 9 of the 14 other employees on our team.

Could you describe "inappropriate" behavior? Was it sexual in nature? Was it behavior that was just against company policy?

Hello, I just wanted to check to see if you were still with me? If so, were you satisfied with my service today?

I️ feel that I️ am being nickeled and dined for my initial question. Thank you but no thanks for your service.

Not a problem . Let me opt out of this question and see if an other expert is willing to take over. Thanks!