Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for the VAMC salem as an rn i received may 23, 2017…

Customer Question
I work for the...

I work for the VAMC salem virginia as an rni received may 23, 2017 memorandum from chief financial officer re: public law 111-163 debt notification that had "gross retroactive payment due eginning05/09/2010 and ending on 03/21/2015 is $6697.23. during the review it was also discovered that some of your prior salary payment was overpaid resulting in a growing gross debt of $2272.05. "I have tried to call multiple administrators in our hospital . payroll, hr, etc. we were told in june we would receive our interest free (which i was surprised) money by august 24. the spreadsheets had been sent to texas . it affected all the VA nationwide.currently no-one knows anything . i would like to speak with a lawyer in reference to this situation and would it be feasible to hire a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the chief financial officer discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, hr, payroll, etc. no-one knows anything. class action suits have happened previously with similar situation

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

It is the va medical center salem va. union is general , AFGE, not for nurses just general crap. very ineffective. they can not help hourly wages

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Quantum DeMons class action suits that occurred

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you? Are you disputing the amount claimed?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
You want to demand proof of the claim in writing. You are entitled to an itemization. You may also object to any claw back and seek resolution by negotiation or arbitration.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!