Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I'm a woman, latina, I was hired by a company at Director of

Hi. I'm a woman, latina...
Hi. I'm a woman, latina, I was hired by a company at Director of Partnerships level, however they never empowered me on my position, I was never formally introduced, sales reps would get their way over mine, my supervisor the COO would make decisions pertaining to my role against my advice and behind my back. Then, despite my complaints and frustration, they pushed me to do sales, my emails with regards ***** ***** and decisions about partnerships were ignored, and even certain committees I was part, I was excluded from meetings at no notice. The company just acquired a larger company, they initially told me I'd have a regional VP position, but now they are pushing me to sales again, while the person who would take my position is a man and noting that all executive team is composed by man as well, of a certain religion that is patriarchal. I've had mental breakdowns and my anxiety and depression worsened as a result of this treatment, so much I've been considering to quit. Should I make an HR complaint before? Do I have a case? Thanks
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Company is in Utah, but they registered in New Hampshire when they hired me, I am in NH
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Will, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that sums it up
11/14/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I am still employed by this company, do I have to file a complaint with HR for my case to be valid?
You should. It eliminates a defense that you didn’t afford them opportunity or notice.
Good luck! Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you! if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer