Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

After having filed an EEOC discrimination complaint at

After having filed an EEOC...

After having filed an EEOC discrimination complaint at Texxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx - one of the retaliations that occurred was a witnessed verbal assault by the supervisor, during a "review" meeting of Me. (Monthly, each one worse than the previous.) I have them all on audio. The Txxxx response to the EEOC is full of lies - is basically the reverse of what happened. (Txxxxxx recorded the meeting - unaware that I also recorded the meetings.) I looked up the statute of limitations = 2 years... just so I make that date, I emailed Txxxxx Uxxxxx a link to the audio, a copy of the written complaint to Txxxxx HR from 2015 and the Txxxxx EEOC response full of lies.... on the audio, the supervisor's fist can be heard hitting the desk over & over...She also yells, "I DARE YOU TO FILE ANOTHER COMPLAINT WITH HR!" - the irony, I had not filed one against her. Uncertain if I have a case for criminal law or not?? I could send you a link to that audio..... or a clip... or go have a look at My TWITTER account under xxxxxxxx = there is a 1 minute slide show that has a clip of that audio. I emailed the info to Txxxx Uxxxx a week ago - no reply yet, nothing. So I emailed today again to ask what the status is? I am able to see how many times the email has been viewed already. Not even a receipt yet from them - Given how Txxxx HR lied, and basically ran Me over.. I'm not expecting much help from Txxxxx Uxxxx. Uncertain what to do next? I have been looking for a lawyer for the EEOC case.... no takers yet...

11/14/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This is not a criminal violation at this point based on these facts. This WOULD BE a ground to file a civil suit and you need to pursue your discrimination suit in court.

However, what you are describing with a supervisor threatening your job for filing another complaint would not be something the District Attorney would take for criminal charges they would refer you to civil court to file suit for discrimination and retaliation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

What if the yelling went on for over an hour - and the fist hitting the desk over & over is audible? I read the TX criminal code for assault - makes Me think she was coached what to do and say that was "legal"... the witness just sat there and did nothing. (I kept My eyes on who was yelling at Me the entire time - the chair was too close to her desk for Me to be able to get up and leave. Hope I locate an attorney - I have a long list of "sorry we are too busy" responses.

Thank you for your reply.

Yelling could have gone on all day, that makes it an "uncivil workplace" and means you have a jerk for a boss, neither of which are crimes. It would be considered "Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress" since yelling at someone for an hour would reasonably be calculated to induce emotional distress. It is a civil issue though, not a criminal one.

THANKS for the vocabulary phrase & info - :-)

Thank you very much.

There's the EEOC case against TAMU that involves the retaliation - what about also filing a civil suit against the persons actually in that meeting, separate from the EEOC case against TAMU? They clearly did what they did "for TAMU" - whatever their reasons. The audio proves the witness statements are false.

Thank you for your reply.

You would file your suit against the individuals directly involved in the same suit with TAMU, not in separate suits.

Within the 31C-2015-01426 "petition", I name the persons responsible for _________ event as "_________"?
Or is it that I write the events, naming the persons/witnesses and they are automatically held responsible?
Is ANYONE ever held responsible? (I've been observing a serious lack of ethics at TAMU for decades.) :-/

Thank you for your reply.

You would name the President of TAMU in their capacity as President then you would name each individual personally involved as "personally and individually."

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney