Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is the statute of limitations on unlawful termination…

Customer Question
Good afternoon, what...

Good afternoon, what is the statute of limitations on unlawful termination and unlawful denial of employment in Missouri?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I think it was considered part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Independent truck driver

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

I was accused of damaging a new truck and terminated even after I proved I didn't do it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.

What is the basis for the unlawful termination?

1. Do you have a written employment agreement for a fixed term requiring cause for termination, discipline or demotion?

2. Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

I was terminated because I was accused of damaging a truck after I submitted proof that I did not damage it. Also, I was denied employment with the same company within recent years for the same damage.