Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I fell off a broken ladder at work on my 4th day of starting…

Customer Question
I fell off a broken...
I fell off a broken ladder at work on my 4th day of starting this new job as a carpenter. I was pressured to resign as I could not work. They are covering all medical. Does Workers Comp cover loss of wages?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience on this. The answer to your question generally is yes. Worker's compensation will cover. The insurance company will pay lost-time benefits if a worker is partially or totally disabled by a work injury, and unable to return -- either permanently or temporarily -- to his job. A doctor's written opinion is required. The state of Arizona will set limits as to what you can get so it depends on your specific situation; however, you should be able to get your lost wages.

What other questions did you have for me?