Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am filing for unemployment but have no wage earned other…

Customer Question
I am filing for...

I am filing for unemployment but have no wage earned other than workers compensation. how do I file as well get that information

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this unemployment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I've been out since 8/15. My benefits stopped in June 2017. I do have a work comp lawyer and when I asked they said file. so should I meet with the unemployment office I can work just not the job I had.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I'm just wondering if its possible to file

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

what was the nature of your injury?

I fell at work and have been out ever since.
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago

why did your benefits stop?

I had a concussion as well neck and back surgery.
they said that at my IME that I could return to work 100%. But
never included my neck so it was appealed and now I'm just waiting but in the meantime have no income, I spoke to my paralegal she said to file. I received a letter back with no wages earned. My question I guess is how can I get that corrected or would I qualify?
Tina, Lawyer