Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am caregiver, I worked one Weekend $200.00 per day and the…

Customer Question
I am caregiver, I...

I am caregiver, I worked one Weekend $200.00 per day and the daughter doesn’t want to pay me its been 3 weeks ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was going to be every weekend, but I told her that I need more days

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If she hired you and will not pay you for your services, then your recourse is to file a small claims court case against her for breach of contract in the local courthouse. The clerks will have the summons and complaint forms that you need to file to get the case going and then you just show up and tell your story to the judge if she doesn't contact you and agree to pay you once she gets served with the summons.

.

Just make sure that you charge her for the filing fees for court in addition to what she actually owes you for your work.

.

.

thanks

I knew this, but I thought you as a lawyer will get one of those applications to get paid, now I waisted more money, I have to pay money to file a complaint an go to court, really

I am not sure what you mean by an "application to get paid"... I don't have any special type of power to get someone to pay you.

.

And yes, the courts require a filing fee to file a lawsuit, normally less than $100, but you get that back when you win..

.

And you have never wasted your money on the JustAnswer website because there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you are not happy with my service, you just need to contact customer service and they will happily provide a full refund, no questions asked..

.

.

thanks