Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a Philadelphia County Correctional Officer assigned to…

Customer Question
I am a Philadelphia...

I am a Philadelphia County Correctional Officer assigned to supervise male inmates at its laundry plant 6am to 2pm, Monday thru Friday. The laundry plant is a separate and isolated building that is on the main prison grounds and is overseen by a Phila- Cor laundry plant non-correctional supervisor. This particular supervisor is also assigned to the same work hours of 6am to

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The supervisor in question is also required to work 6am to 2pm but comes to work late Monday thru Friday and sleeps for at least 4 hrs of the shift leaving me to attend to the laundry plant and multiple inmates. This creates a threatening and unsafe work environment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you reported this to anyone yet, or discussed it with your union reps? If so, what happened?

Did you still need help?