Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My wife works for a school she was accused of putting a kid…

Customer Question
My wife works for...

My wife works for a school she was accused of putting a kid up againest the wall the kid was lying but the school wants to sweep it under the carpet my wife is not comfordable with that she can not work their the kid got no disapline and they have a meeting tomorrow wondering if i should hire attorney for her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

They have some sort of union but they don't stand up for their workers

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

What is the purpose of the meeting? Is the school attempting to reprimand your wife?

im not sure whats going to happen my wife in not comfortable going back because she will have to see the kid that said that

It is a good idea in these type of situation that your wife finds herself, is to start keeping a notebook of what is happening. So, this would include listing the date of the incident, what happened during the incident and she would further list all the dates of communication and what was said in that communication. That way she would have a contemporaneous record of what is occurring, which could be used as evidence if someone claims something different. We can continue to discuss. You can ask followup questions.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.