Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been running my mothers rental business 15 rental…

Customer Question
I have been running...

I have been running my mothers rental business 15 rental homes my duties are collecting rent, doing all the maintenance, statements for damages , i do all the filing and preparing the court documents for evictions, i work every day week ends . my salary is $300.00 a week. there are weeks i go without pay this year i am owed $3805.00 and it is not right . just because i am her daughter does not mean she can with hold my wages . ishe classifies me as a self contractor so i dont get a w2 form to file taxes im am broke.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I have no idea . i work fuul time sometimes 80 hours a week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sometimes i use my own monies to buy supplies for which i dont get reimburse she totally ignores my request. last year the receipts totaled $1500 i never have received those monies back. its awful.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.