Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is a Colorado small business, employing 6 part-time and one…

Customer Question
Is a Colorado small...

Is a Colorado small business, employing 6 part-time and one full-time employee, required by law to provide health care insurance to their full or part-time employees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Define at-will?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: EmploymentAnswers, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
EmploymentAnswers

Hi, good afternoon, and thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

Unless the employer made an agreement with the employee that it would provide health insurance for the employee in this situation, the employer is not legally obligated to provide health insurance to the full-time or part-time employees.

There can be penalties for businesses with 50 or more full-time or full-time-equivalent employees who don’t offer affordable health insurance coverage to employees, but that would not apply here, where there is only one full time employee (and only 7 employees total).

I hope that this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I would be glad to help.

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to rate my answer with a positive rating of 3-5 stars, so that I may receive credit for my answer.

Thanks again, and I wish you the best.