Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Employees time clock

Customer Question
Employees time clock
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Well I was writing it as the pop up appeared so now I have to write it all over lol
I work for a federally funded health Care center. Employees refuse to clock in and out. I work in payroll so I have to chase down time sheets every week. My question, should I just go ahead and pay the hourly employees their 80 hours and not worry about the actual hours? I am constantly having to write checks to employees the next day so they receive all of their paycheck. This has been on going for years.
management will not discipline employees regarding clocking in and out so I am stuck having to write checks. And yes, I am looking for another job already.
Hourly employee cannot be paid until you confirm hours to avoid an underpayment or an overpayment.
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”