Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I observed at work something I considered to be unsafe, made…

Customer Question
I observed at work...

I observed at work something I considered to be unsafe, made a comment to the safety man in the restroom "did you see what they were doing in the yard." He said no but they did a lot of funny stuff. From that point on I have Ben treated different. Smart remarks by supervisors, mis information on leagl and safety concerns, and some other things. All which can be dismissed by them that they just made mistakes, but behavior does not lie.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time start date 1991

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know the safety man told the operations mgr ,right after I told hom what I saw. The change was immediate, i spoke to him with no reply i am treated like this now by almost every supervisor

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Sounds like retaliation. Has it affected your salary or raises or promotions or work assignments yet?

Tina, Lawyer