Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am looking desperately to change teams. There is a role…

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking...

Hello, I am looking desperately to change teams. There is a role open in another team in my company but the manager of that team has, in the past expressed his feelings towards me. But he knows that I am dating someone else and nothing can happen between us. Now he says he can't hire me for the open position because some other colleagues know of his feelings for me. What rights do I have to still be considered for that open position?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all for now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You have a right to be considered for the open position. Refusal of the company to allow you this opportunity could result in sexual harassment case against the company. It could be inferred that you have not been given opportunity for the transfer because you did not reciprocate the feelings of the manager towards you. Click here (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and here (California Department of Fair Employment and Housing) for more information on complaint for sexual harassment.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.