Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have an employee who got dwi while visiting his parents in…

Customer Question
I have an employee...

I have an employee who got dwi while visiting his parents in Phoenix , he was under the intoxicant level but he is a cal driver. He is a resident of wash state so he did all that arizona requires but in state of wa .arizona won't release his Cdl they want him to re hook up blow in device again for a year and pay Arizona the involved fees . He is the least likely family man to ever offend again he had 2 drinks with dinner . It just doesn't seem right as the cdl is for all states . He had attended all required classes even befor going before judge in Arizona . This is creating a real hardship for him because we can only pay him as a laborer , EJ has a wife two kids grand kids and mother in law he is supporting

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona is are he got ticket and he resides in wa state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He completed all he was asked to do by the courts but in wa state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just isn't right does Arizona that desperate they need those fees , it was never said by Arizona he had to complete what they required in Arizona

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 2 days by:
11/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Unfortunately, if he has already gone before the Judge in Arizona and the State is still insisting that he complete the requirements in Arizona in order for his CDL to be released, then he must do so. There is no way around it. Had it been he had not gone before the Court already, I would have suggested that he file a Motion with the Court in Arizona to accept his fulfillment of the requirements from Washington State.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

He has been before the judge so as unfair so it is seems he will need to do it over so Arizona gets their money

Unfortunately, that is the bot***** *****ne. Every state wants its cut of the fees.

Best wishes,

Thank you for your cooperation.