Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm a CRNA and just tested positive for THC on a radom drug…

I'm a CRNA and...

I'm a CRNA and just tested positive for THC on a radom drug screen

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a locum tenet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been taking CBD oil for inflammatory bowel Disease I bought over the internet

11/8/2017
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Has employer done anything to you yet or have you been contacted by state?

I have been terminated and notified by the staffing agency
The staffing agency told me they were not reporting it to the board

The state here likely will censure you and it affects your license.It would not be something that costs you your license.Once you are notified by the state of potential enrichment please consider a local administrative lawyer to negotiate reduction in punishment.

DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AVAILABLE TO THE BOARD

The Board of Nursing may take disciplinary action against a licensee for violation of the Nursing Practice Act. The Board is authorized to impose any of the following disciplines singularly or in combination: censure, probation, suspension, & revocation For further reference see: RsMO 335.066.

CENSURE:
This is the least restrictive discipline. The imposition of censure acts as a public reprimand that is permanently kept in the licensee's file.

PROBATION:
The imposition of probation places terms and conditions on the licensee's license. The licensee must comply with the terms and conditions throughout the probationary period, which may extend up to 5 years.

SUSPENSION:
The imposition of suspension requires that the licensee cease practicing nursing for a period not to exceed 3 years.

REVOCATION:
This is the most restrictive discipline. The imposition of revocation mandates that the licensee immediately loses his/her license and may no longer practice nursing in Missouri. Once a license is revoked, the individual may not apply for relicensure for at least one year from the date of revocation. Upon application, the individual may be relicensed at the discretion of the Board after compliance with all the requirements relative to a new applicant, including, but not limited to, retaking the licensure examination.

You are looking at censure if your record is otherwise clean.They might allow for some kind of diversion to allow you to keep off your record which should always be your goal.

I am so sorry that this happened.This is less harsh than say prescription drugs without script.They might allow you some kind of diversion where you complete counseling /training and stay clean and they dismiss.It is worth keeping off your record here if you can.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

thank you

Lawyer referral they specialize int his area

https://www.google.com/search?q=missouri+borad+of+nursing+lawyer+referal&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

This isn't an I am screwed forever thing here like prescription drugs.Take a deep breath here it will be ok.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Employment lawyer