Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

A fire department promotional question. I have, the

Customer Question
A fire department promotional question. JA...
A fire department promotional question.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I have, the department and the cities stance is , they will not address the issue unless someone initiates a grievance procedure.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time. The promotional announcement states the employee has to be ,and the exact wording is as follows: the employee has to be a Captain in the fire department for 1 continuous year as a non probationary fire captain.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The employee became non probationary in March of 2017, The test was given the 3rd week of October
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
11/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Tina, Lawyer