Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was asked to take a step down or get terminated from my…

Customer Question
I was asked to...

I was asked to take a step down or get terminated from my company. The problem is thy want to pay me less than than what i was making in my previous position. Can they do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes with Hr

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

They are an at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The whole process was a set up because they wanted to bring someone else in, so they created a bogus plan to rid me of my position. This was done to quite a few from the corporate level down to the district managers.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?

Are you there?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?