Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Bagley 3. I am a cystic fibrosis survivor.I was recently…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** bagley 3. I am a cystic fibrosis survivor.I was recently held in the spokane county jail. I have several medicine I need to function in life. I also have crohn's disease.i was incarcerated from the third of november and release form jail 11/6/17. I necessary paper work for my medications with doctors names and i did not receive them until sunday. I was very sick in there custody, vomiting all day and night. the officers kept telling me i was detoxing and i was not. I do not do drugs that are not prescribed by a doctor. My medical records and history with doctors prove it.I cant stop getting sick sense released either. should i go to the er to get tests. to prove i was naturally sick and not drugs. I need legal representation so this does not happen to anyone else including myself in the future. I think i have a case against spokane county. Can you help me please? I am on disability so it is hard to find representation. can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No new charges were filled.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I really need to do something about this it is happening to often to americans and I need attorney help please

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

It is a violation of your civil rights to be denied adequate medical treatment when you are incarcerated. It is considered cruel and unusual punishment which is prohibited by the 8th Amendment to the Constitution. If you were very sick in jail and you were given no medical attention and have not been able to stabilize since you've come out, you would appear to have a viable suit against the county.

You should see a doctor so that you can demonstrate the continuing nature of the difficulties that they caused, as well as to establish that your illness was the natural result of having been taken off necessary medications rather than from the abuse of illicit drugs.

Unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to represent customers, since JustAnswer is not a law firm. Nor are experts allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one so that you can find a civil rights lawyer who can represent you in a suit against the county.

One such source would be the Washington Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=WA

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but two that highly regarded are www.Martindale.com and www.Avvo.com

Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer