Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in US, Florida. I was -off July 31 2017. I worked…

Customer Question
I live in US...

I live in US, Florida. I was laid-off July 31 2017. I worked that job from April 25 2016. Worked 15 months. I previously worked for a different company for 10 months and resigned for the job that I was laid-off. Am I eligible for unemployment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time salary engineer 40 HR week

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes you would have adequite wages on file and you were laid off from the last job without fault.You want to file here asap so you get the full 26 weeks if you need it off UI benefits.By all means here apply and get these started.The fact you resigned the prior job has no effect this time around.

I appreciate the chance to help you and good luck job hunting.At least you will have 26 weeks of UI if you need it.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.