Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Im trying to take my ex employer for unpaid wages i was

supposed to receive on the...
im trying to take my ex employer for unpaid wages i was supposed to receive on the 20th of october and im having trouble figuring out where to start as this is something ive never done.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i live in Arizona
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: it was part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i've contact the owner and he didn't reply until i told them i would be seeking legal actions, i informed them i could still log into the system and made copies of my times sheets and sent it to them as proof. they have since deleted my account in the system and timesheets but i still have copies
11/4/2017
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
When wages owed to an employee are no more than $2,500.00 and the accrual of those unpaid wages does not exceed one year, the employee may file a wage claim with the State Department of Labor. Upon receipt of a claim, the Department will notify the employer of the claim and investigate the case. After investigation of the claim, the Department will provide a written determination that can only be appealed to superior court. An employer who does not comply with a Final Order within ten days after the Order becomes final is liable for treble the amount of the unpaid wages found to be owed.
You also have the option of filing in the civil courts; however, you cannot file with both the State Labor Department and the civil court. The Labor Dept should be faster.
Arizona Wage Complaint form and instructions: https://www.azica.gov/forms/labor3303If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer