Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My daughter is on unemployment in OR and went out of the

Hello, JA: Hello. How can I...
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my daughter is on unemployment in OR and went out of the country for 10 days. Will her unemployment be stopped?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: with HR?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: she is on unemployment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/2/2017
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

10 days, correct?

.

Is she actively seeking employment?

.

Is she ready willing and able to be employed?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she is actively looking and willing and able to be employed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry it took long to get back to you. I was disconnected and then had to call the company.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

Ok, then no, leaving the country won't affect her benefits. The unemployment office wouldn't even know she was out of the country and for all they know, she could be seeking employment while she was gone..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She requested unemployment while on a computer and had been told that they can track the URL.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She did not get a check for that week that she was gone and they contacted her today. They wanted her to call back but she was put on hold every time she tried.

They don't have the time, manpower, or resources to do a CSI investigation into tracking down where a claimant is putting in a request for benefits from..

.

She likely submitted the request incorrectly or something was wrong with it. So a good explanation would be that she was seeking potential employment while she was out of the country if asked..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you so much.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer
Barrister, Lawyer