Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am asking about employment law. First, is Florida a right…

Customer Question
I am asking about...

I am asking about employment law. First, is Florida a right to work state?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

2. if a boss retaliates against an employee who does not want to continue to drive long distances interstate by threatening to dock his pay and drop him down to minimum wage how is that legal under FL law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Government contract regarding mammogram for prisoners. He has not seen the actual contract. Is being paid $10/hr as a full timer. Nothing was signed between the contractor and his employee

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.1. Do you have a written employment agreement for a fixed term requiring cause for termination, discipline or demotion?2. Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?