Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My daughter works in California for a medical clinic that…

My daughter works in California...
My daughter works in California for a medical clinic that requires you “clock in” & our” on a computer system. It often freezes so she screen shot with her phone the frozen page. (Couldn’t clock out). Her supervisor doesn’t want to pay for her 6 1/2 (regular hours) that she worked. She argued and he said he would pay her but deduct $2.00 an hour from her hourly wage. Is this legal?
10/31/2017
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Absolutely not legal file a a wage complaint here with the state.Here are forms and self help to do that.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

Thats so ridiculous, there is no legal reason to withhold payment here.It was clear she had proof of working this period.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Have a Happy Halloween.

Ray, Employment lawyer
Thank you!