Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I interviewed for a job promotion along with other.' I

I interviewed for a...

I interviewed for a job promotion along with other

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

'

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I interviewed for a job promotion along with others. I have 40 years experience in the field of work that my company was hiring for. I am a 63 year old male, the person that they promoted was a 31 year old female with only 7 years experience. I was told that they would hire the person with the most experience. That was me. I was told that the younger person interviewed better was why they promoted her instead of me.I would like to talk to a lawyer that knows about age discrimination.

10/24/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Generally, age discrimination is quite difficult to prove. However, based on the information you provided, it would seem that you have a very strong case. The easiest age discrimination cases to prove are those where the employer promotes a younger individual with less qualifications.

The easiest way for you to pursue this claim is by filing a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) by clicking here. The EEOC will investigate the claim and determine if you have grounds for a suit against the employer. If you do, they will provide you with a Right to Sue letter.

You can handle the claim with the EEOC on your own. If they grant the letter, then you should probably hire an attorney to file suit against the employer, as the case itself could be complex.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi