Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am preparing a rebuttal to a position statement in an Eeoc…

I am preparing a rebuttal...
I am preparing a rebuttal to a position statement in an Eeoc charge of discrimination and retaliation. I have so much detail facts documents. Is it better to use a “shot gun approach” or more focused with sparse evidence?
10/20/2017
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me what occurred?

It is very complicated but essentially they demoted me after I made an accommodation request. However I am also claiming age and retaliation for failing to promote and failing to follow a supervisors unethical practice according to nys Dept of education and replacing my previous position with a younger person as they normally do. So should I highlight these other points or just stick to the essential ada accommodation issue

You can discuss the non ADA issues in summary form and make sure to provide all of the essential information on the accommodation (or lack of accommodation) issues.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

"So should I highlight these other points"

The other points you would highlight would be information that you feel is necessary to support your claim.

Thank you.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney