Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My worker's Compensation was closed 8/10/17. The attorney…

Customer Question
My worker's Compensation was...

My worker's Compensation was closed 8/10/17. The attorney took his money and I did not owe COB-R any money. When and how should I get what is due to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am an ER Nurse. Three years ago I sustained a torn rotator cuff. I am 78 years old. The way I understood the case. Medicare would take what I owed them. The attorney's office staff would transfer my calls to a voice mail, I phoned COB-R and this is what I learned.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The attorney should have entered into a settlement between you and workers compensation insurer whereby your medical payments were covered by workers compensation (and some portion maybe by medicare, depending on the deal worked out) and you were paid for your permanent disability. The attorney's fee is based on the whole settlement. You need to get with the attorney to find out the terms of your settlement, because you should have received a check for your share from your attorney within 30 days of any settlement.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.