Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was recently employed as a Director of Nursing in a term

Customer Question
Hello! I was recently...
Hello! I was recently employed as a Director of Nursing in a long term care facility. On Oct. 12th, I reported to my Administrator and regional nurse that I believed that under the assistant director of nursing I believed that there has been mistreatment and resident rights that were violated. On Oct. 16th, I was terminated from employment and walked out of the facility. I believe that I was retaliated against because at the current time the facility was in the middle of two abuse allegations. What is your opinion?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: We do not have a HR
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I made several attempts to inform them verbally but received no guidance. So, I sent my concern in e-mail and that is when all of this occurred. In addition, I was only employed there for 3 1/2 months so I was afraid to do anything in writing. For this reason
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
10/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like Amy suggestions you may have.
Ok. I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 28 days ago

awaiting your reply, thank you.

Tina, Lawyer