Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If you are on fmla can you do work that is of a different

Customer Question
type that does not...
if you are on fmla can you do work that is of a different type that does not aggravate your condition
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
10/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you provide additional information?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I work in a call center have for over a decade. If I get a migraine I become useless there so if I take off FMLA but still need to feed my family can I do something like Drive Uber which I find to be very therapeutic while out on intermittent FMLA?

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: You can without losing your FMLA benefit if your employer does not have a policy prohibiting other employment while on FMLA. See 29 CFR 825.216(e).

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law