Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boyfriend's start up has not paid him for 3 pay periods.

Customer Question
My boyfriend's start up...

My boyfriend's start up has not paid him for 3 pay periods

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Supposedly, he has submitted the invoices to HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time, hourly he used to be full time employee, and they asked him to switch over to hourly contractor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it, thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
His employer is based in Arizona, but he lives, works, and pays taxes in CA.
10/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

He can file a wage complaint with the the US Dept of Labor.They will get him paid and fine the employer for this.They cover the whole US here.This is the best way to resolve the issue.

File here

https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

This is his remedy her to force payment of what he is owed.I am so sorry that he is having to deal with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.I wish you the best here.