Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I quit my job about a week ago and haven't been paid for my

hello, i quit my job...
hello, i quit my job about a week ago and haven't been paid for my PTO. how long do i have to wait to file a claim?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California but the head quarter is in NC
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: sorry, i don't know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm a full time
10/18/2017
socrateaser, Lawyer

The employer must pay you all of your unpaid wages, including PTO/vacation pay, within 72 hours of the time that you quit, or you can file a claim. However, because you are entitled to be paid wages for every day that the employer fails to pay the full amount due, for the first 30 days after you quit, waiting for 30 days is usually the best economic choice.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 out of 5. didn't tell me where to file a claim.

Hello again,

You originally didn't ask for info as to where to file a claim. But, now that you have asked, here is the link to file a wage claim.

I hope this better clarifies my original answer. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer