Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently working at an At Will; Full time employment…

Hello,I am currently working at...
Hello,I am currently working at an At Will; Full time employment place where I am currently being underpaid. What is the best course of Action to resolve this? I am African American and I have requested a raise from HR it was denied. Discovered I was underpaid through an online website where the company showed a Salary for the position I currently hold.
10/17/2017
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

This is an Equal Pay Act case you can file with EEOC.

Here all of the laws enforced by the EEOC prohibit pay discrimination. Pay discrimination based on sex is also prohibited by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII prohibits discrimination in compensation and other terms and conditions of employment, so it is broader than the EPA.

Questions and Answers About the Equal Pay Act - EEOC

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

You may well be due back pay here.I appreciate the chance to help , hope you will pursue this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer