Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My COBRA was cancelled after my checking account was closed…

My COBRA was cancelled...

My COBRA was cancelled after my checking account was closed due to fraud and the payment was denied. I thought I had already given them the new account number

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed an initial appeal and it was denied...it was called Escalation Form. I am working on the next appeal letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on COBRA due to losing my job after medical issue and going on STD, now LTD...I worked for the same company my insurance is through. I have an expensive medical history and think that is why they don't want to reinstate. I met my out of pocket in May.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
What information should I include in my 2nd Appeal to COBRA? I was told by a friend that I should call my employer so I called HR but they were of no help
A detailed narrative relating to the cancellation and circumstances surrounding end of employment.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
include in the timeline my employment, when and why it ended and go from there?
Exactly!!
Thank you I will get started on that
Very welcome.
Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer