Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need help on this tough situation that I'm dealing with.

Customer Question
I need help on this...
I need help on this tough situation that I'm dealing with. This person is cousins wife and family owns part of this business that I work for. So this person which is my cousins wife is in charge of Payroll and Human Resources for this business of our. The problem with her, she is highly jealous of me. And finding ways to put me when it comes money and getting a second job. I'm so mad and fraustated that I got accepted to this job that she found a way to end up firing me. Which means a conflict of interest between us. How do I prevent her from doing this to me?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
The truth is I don't want this position for the rest of my life the one that I work for my cousin. Plus I don't like the policy of this business. Also this disability I need better health insurance rate. They pay the cheapest rate. The PTO doesn't doesn't go by how many years you have worked. It's just 4 hours every two weeks. I have works for them almost 5 years. I want to get the job at the casino that will have a job growth without going to college. I can't go and can't afford. Please give me your best advice cause I'm so sick of this!! It's like dealing with a high school bully.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't have files or videos to send
10/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as it seems you have asked for another expert.

Under the law, absent you having some written contract for a period of time, you are an at will employee. It is up to you if you want to quit and go to another employer. This employer cannot force you to remain there, so we do not quite understand what you are asking us.

If you choose to quit to go elsewhere, you can do so and your cousin and nobody else can force you to stay with this job. You are free to quit once you find another job, so before you leave, arrange a new job as you said you wanted then you can quit this one.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney