Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have reported to the NC EEOC that my former employer

Customer Question
interviewed applicants and made offers...
I have reported to the NC EEOC that my former employer interviewed applicants and made offers before jobs were posted, and I have reported to ICE that they have knowingly employed illegal immigrants, but after months of this communication numerous times, I have not been acknowledged. I have documented proof of these allegations, and I feel that I am being ignored for the power of the company, Butterball, LLC. What can I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Were you denied a job here?

Did you get a right to sue letter from EEOC?

I was offered a severance, because the straw that broke the Camel's back was that the last time a manager interviewed applicants, he told me that he wanted to make an offer. I told him that I had to post the position for 7 days to give everyone an opportunity to apply. He got upset, and said that he had already made up his mind. My director of HR advised me to tell him that we would check into that and see what we could do. I did not tell him that because I knew that legally, we had to advertise the salary position for 7 days. She pushed me into a severance, because she felt that it was not working out, and I was not accepting her advice.

So you turned down severance here or you took it, because there is a waiver of claims here if you take the money,thanks.

I took severance, but I am trying to get the EEOC to acknowledge that Butterball has bad employment practices.
I have proof on three occasions where they interviewed and made offers before positions were posted to the public.
Specifically, it was a white male buddy system.
I also have proof they knowingly employed illegal aliens, and reported that, but no response.
No one will listen.

You may want to try and get the media interested.And EEOC while slow will get to it here.lf you didn't take severance you could have sued them for discrimination here.I understand you probably needed the severance to live on.I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Why do you think ICE will not respond?

Post here too about them

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Butterball,-LLC/reviews

Trying to give you some options.Thanks again and the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is so much appreciated.Sorry they did this to you its a real tragedy.

I don't know about ICE make another report here thats terrible.

USCIS is committed to helping protect the rights of foreign workers in the United States. You can report suspected unethical or illegal conduct to these federal agencies:

U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division

Toll-free: 1-***-***-**** (TDD for deaf and hard of hearing: 1-***-***-****)
www.dol.gov/whd/
webapps.dol.gov/wow/

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Toll-free: 1-***-***-**** (TDD 1-***-***-****)
www.eeoc.gov/contact/
Email: *****@******.***

U.S. Department of Justice, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section (IER)

Toll-free Worker Hotline: 1-***-***-**** (TDD 1-***-***-****)
www.justice.gov/crt/filing-charge
Email: *****@******.***

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Toll free: 1-***-***-**** (TDD 1-***-***-****)
www.ice.gov/
Online tip form: www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Toll-free: 1-***-***-****
Online tip form: tips.fbi.gov/

Make some more reports here to all.

I have documentation that an employee was hired and the company did a SS # check and it came back invalid because it belonged to a deceased person. The company hired the person and attached the report to the I-9. Then my former company acquired that company and the deceased worked for them before, so the person went from deceased to rehire. I have all this documentation.

Report this sounds like they knew what they were doing and it wasn't legal.

Ray, Employment lawyer